Thursday, January 24, 2008

@ That Chick @

After receiving several different release dates, Mariah Carey is finally set for an April return. That Chick is the follow-up to 2005's biggest selling album, Carey's The Emancipation of Mimi, which means it has much to live up to.

Longtime collaborator Jermaine Dupri is a believer. "It's kind of strange but I heard a lot of her records and it sound like the album is better than the last album," Jermaine Dupri told Billboard. Along with J.D. That Chick features production from Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am and Rodney Jerkins, while T-Pain and Damian Marley join Mariah on the mic.

According to Billboard, That Chick seems to run the gamut, with Mariah moving from R&B, to light pop and even trying out a new sound that fans have never heard from the diva with her take on Jamaican patois. Marley helps out with the island sound on the track "Crusie Control", while T-Pain lends his voice opposite Mariah on the upbeat track, "Migrate" in which Mariah warns, "Don't wait for me to buy drinks, or you're going to dehydrate." In the sexy R&B track, "Touch My Body" Mariah shuts down anyone hoping to get a shot of her with a cell phone camera, singing, "If there's a camera up in here then I best not catch this flick on YouTube."

As SOHH previously reported, Carey is really excited about her new disc. "It's hard for me to sit here and talk about it without sounding like I'm bragging if I'm in love with it, but I'm in love with this album," Mariah admitted to the L.A. Times. "I think that having the success with the last record allowed me to have more freedom... and just make records that I like. It's kind of a really fun record."


(SOHH)

No comments: