Saturday, August 11, 2007

@ News at 3 @

My manager Susan called and asked me to drop by Takashimaya before ending my shift at 4pm. She wants to talk to me about something....


Date : 11 August 2007
Time : 1515 hrs

I left my shop early at 3pm cause I had to do some stock transfer to Takashimaya as well. 3 big bags of chocolates and few medium size luxury boxes .Anyways in my mind and heart keep wondering what the hell she wants to talk about cause she never sounded so serious on the phone especially talking to me.

She was on the phone when I reached and asked me to wait for a moment . While waiting, i chatted with Yana, another senior sales associate and introduced myself to a new staff who wears an ugly hair cut. It seems that his hairstylist is kinda confused in cutting his hair, the hairstyle is infused of Japanese style and Ah-beng cut.....Odd and funny looking...for me.... In other words, he's not that cute la....

Anywho..... Susan's done with her call and asked Yana to take a break which is kinda weird cause she's just started her afternoon shift. She left us 3 to smoke i guess....

Susan turned and spoke to me in a serious tone that make me think that i had made some grave mistake or something.

" I might transfer you to Marina Square..." I squirmed the moment i heard MS even before she finishes her sentence..... She rolled her eyes......

" As an S.I.C aka Store In Charge.... "

The squeamish expression gone instantly..... Truthfully, i don't know whether to be happy or sad and confused. I mean i am grateful to have given this opportunity and trust to be the store in charge and as Uncle Ben said," With big powers comes big responsibilities."

She sent an email to Regional Manager Chris Choi last night and told me the news this afternoon. Wow...that was fast.... I didn't have the time to react but she gave me time to think it through and i definitely will.

I don't want to sound greedy here but MS is a kiosk and i rather be an SIC to a shop compare to a kiosk. Unlike Plaza Singapura, MS is a little big in scale and the location's sucks.... In the middle of Marina Square pathway and security wise is not that good .

We shall see the outcome, the decision will be made by Chris this coming 24 August. And if he agreed, I'll be transfer to Marina Square this October.....huhu.....

Feeling a little Reluctant .......

4 comments:

Reez said...

Upon reading that, I am somehow feeling jittery abt it. Trust me I am not doubting ur capability, but being a SIC in Marina is not an easy job, but of cos if u can prove it then it would be rewarding. Having been there just this evening, security is not good. Displays of chocs are reacheable to public, location is marketably good, but sucks cos congestion all around u- front, back, left, right.

Albeit all that, I am sure it's time for u to be where u deserve- more than a sales associate. With ur personality, capability and zest, reaching the sales target would be a breeze..

Love u sister.. hugs???

Darnisha said...

ermmm aku confused nie...

i think congratulations are in order...but cam not good news jer..

watever it is aku congratulate kau jer lah k *smiles

bobhoneyz said...

Ok whatever it is let's just wait for the outcome on the 24th. All I can say is congratulations and I'm sure with u being SIC, u voicing out ur displease over the location will be noted. U can make it girl.....

Razy said...

Whatever the outcome dear.... I am happy for you and will always support you in whatever you do. May the days ahead be bright for you ........... I will always be there for you.....

Love
Razy