Saturday, September 29, 2007

@ " M " by Mariah Carey @

Mariah's "M by Mariah Carey" commercial has started running on television. It reportedly aired during The Tyra Banks Show yesterday morning on the Oxygen channel, but officially world-premiered during the broadcast of Celebrity Rap Superstar on MTV. You can also watch the commercial at Mariah's official website. But what do the fans think of this video?
Jonathan thought Mariah looked "elegant and simple, yet stunning and radiant without trying". "I was so hyped to see the promo, and it definitely satisfied my anticipation. Her melody to this was very nice, I was hoping she wouldn't go full blast. Her idea of the scent was elegant, yet unforgettable. With her nice whispery voice, it definitely added to the 'majestic' idea of the frangrance. It was overal really amazing, Mariah shown in a passive state yet shining so brightly."
Sam is remembered of the video for "We belong together". "There are many similar scenes. The song is great too. Just like her Pepsi commercial, I wish the song was released as a single." MPerry also likes it, but he wished the song was better. "You know with actual words to the song. But it was sexy though. You can tell that it was a Macy's commercial and not a Elizadeth Arden commercial. It was kind of on the low budget side. With it just being her in water in front of a green screen. But I like it. I don't know why but it makes me want to go on vacation."
Alexis, on the other hand, didn't like the video at all. "I thought the Pepsi Rington commercial was much better than the ad for M by Mariah Carey. The ad didn't tell me anything about the fragrance or the mood it is supposed to create. She didn't say anything (at least in the version I saw). To me, her statement in response to Diddy's challenge was more effective and intriguing than this promotional effort."

Video courtesy - Ariesomni
Text - MCarchives

No comments: