Wednesday, January 2, 2008

@ Void-Deck-Dinner-Reception @

Okay, I forgot to wish everyone A Happy New Year and hope we all have a great year ahead and may all of our resolutions or wishes or whatever be full filled....
There...I've said it..... Now back to our interesting topic that I wanna post...hee
VOID-DECK-DINNER-RECEPTION

Date : 29/12/2007
Time : 7.30 PM
Venue : Simei


Invited for Aishah's (did I get the spelling correct?) dinner reception and boy was the venue far...Anyhoo...definately fashionably late as always....miscalculation of time as I would preferred to put the blame on... Hurriedly and begrudgingly and hesitantly I flagged a cab so that I would not be so late...and thanks to me, I've made that cabbie $30 bucks richer... And oh..!..May I suggest to the Cabbie Associations to include an extra mile of service by providing a complimentary drink....you know...since they are hiking up the taxi fare by 35% might as well provide something for the passengers so that they would shut up....passengers like me particularly cause by the time I reached Simei, I was pretty....erm.... parched?....thirsty...hee..

Anyhoo, met Rizal and we bought our self bottles to drink....halal one hor... and we wait....and we wait....and.....we....waited.... and catching up with the missing times..gitu....plus the gossip la...of course...

Zaid arrives and 30mins later..I think...Mother Bear arrives and off we go to the Void-Deck-Dinner-Reception.

I must say that the whole decorations are over the top, you see as funny as this may sound, this is my first Void-Deck-Dinner-Reception that I've ever attended to in many many years...The last one was in the 90's. That long but of course there's dinner receptions at HOTEL...but other than that it's been awhile. I don't mean to be mean or be a critique but if you're gonna have a grand function might as well do it in a hotel ball room... It's better that way than just a void deck thingy and as far as I'm concern those decorations and all costs a bomb, doesn't come cheap...you know...Only like 65% seats occupied....oh well it's all boils down to own preferences...
Oh yeah.... I have to include this cause I simply couldn't get this incident out of mind freakin mind.... the buffet spread was unbelievably incredible and hands down to the bride's mom who cook most of the dishes.
The spread include dishes that I have never encounter at any weddings I have attended to... and surprisingly in one corner sits Chocolate Fondue....hmmm...who would have thunk to include a Chocolate Fondue on the buffet table.... But of course by the time we asked Mother Bear to take some Chocolate Fondue - by the way whose having a Scooby-Doo-Moment when we mention Chocolate Fondue - has miraculously disappear.... I guess most of the guest never had any Fondue in the lives...Or....they really love Chocolates......buuuttt....I prefer the former...hee
Unfortunately we didn't take much pictures cause my trusty camera somehow doesn't work properly at night...sucks..
Here are some that I took....



No comments: